SHILOH FARMS Organic Raw Pine Nuts have a sweet, nutty flavor ideal for snacking or use in a wide variety of recipes. Rich in heart-healthy fats, pine nuts are also an excellent source of iron, protein, fiber, and B vitamins.
Pine nuts have been a source of nutrients since paleolithic times. Technically the seed of pine trees, they are harvested from pine cones through a very labor-intensive process. Cones are dried, then smashed open, and the seeds extracted by hand. Once harvested, the seed's hard outer shell must then be removed before the pine nut is ready for consumption.
Pine nuts are often lightly toasted to heighten their flavor. Toast in a dry skillet over medium heat or on a baking sheet in the oven at 350° for a few minutes to bring out their natural flavors. Toasting is especially important if the nuts have been frozen, as freezing can result in a softer texture.
1. Toasted pine nuts are a key ingredient in many pestos, adding flavor and texture.
2. A handful of toasted pine nuts adds a nutty crunch to salads, pilafs, and pasta dishes.
3. Use crushed toasted pine nuts as an elegant garnish to steamed vegetables; we suggest brussels sprouts, asparagus, or fresh green peas.
4. Pine nuts pair well with chocolate. Why not try chopping them and adding to chocolate chip cookies or sprinkling over chocolate ice cream?
5. Add pine nuts as you would any other nut or seed to breads and other baked goods.
Storage: To maximize shelf life, we recommend storing nuts in the refrigerator or freezer.
Certified Organic by Pennsylvania Certified Organic (www.paorganic.org)
Certified Kosher by KOF-K Kosher Supervision (www.www.kof-k.org)
Packaged as part of a naturally gluten free rotation in a facility that also handles wheat, sesame, soy, & tree nuts. The equipment and surrounding areas are carefully cleaned between rotations, as well as tested to 20 ppm before the naturally gluten free rotation begins. However, Shiloh Farms is not testing or certifying any product as gluten free. Please use your own discretion in determining whether this product is safe for your consumption. Read about our cleaning processes & procedures here.
*Due to the nature of shelled products, some shell fragments may remain attached to the nuts.
Country of Origin - Certified Organic from China
Ingredient - Organic Raw Pinenuts (Pignolias)
Kosher | Gluten-Free | Non GMO | Organic | Raw
Write a Review and earn $1.00 worth of points. (Review must be approved by GFM staff before points are awarded)
Please check the Reward Point Program FAQ for more information.