In contrast to refined sugar's sharp sweetness, SHILOH FARMS Date Sugar has a rounded and complex flavor featuring hints of caramel and butterscotch. In fact, this delicious alternative sweetener is not really a sugar at all. Rather, it is made from ground, dehydrated dates, meaning it retains not only flavor, but also all the vitamins, minerals, and fiber found in the whole fruit! Minimally processed and nutrient-rich, date sugar is metabolized more slowly than refined or concentrated sweeteners.
In baking, date sugar can be substituted cup-for-cup for white or brown sugar. However, please note that it does not melt or dissolve completely in liquids; therefore should not be used for beverages or desserts where a smooth, creamy consistency is desired.
1. Substitute 1:1 for refined sugar in your favorite baked goods and desserts.
2. Sprinkle over oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, or fruit for a quick & filling breakfast.
3. The flavor of date sugar mixes delightfully with cinnamon and other warming spices.
4. Sweeten jams, preserves, nut butters, or applesauce.
5. Date sugar pairs well with the mildly sweet nuttiness of grains, making it ideal for homemade whole grain breads.
6. Sprinkle over cookies or muffins right before putting them in the oven for a little extra sweet crunchiness.
Certified Organic by Pennsylvania Certified Organic (www.paorganic.org)
Certified Kosher by KOF-K Kosher Supervision (www.www.kof-k.org)
Packaged as part of a naturally gluten free rotation in a facility that also handles wheat, sesame, soy, & tree nuts. The equipment and surrounding areas are carefully cleaned between rotations, as well as tested to 20 ppm before the naturally gluten free rotation begins. Tested to less then 20ppm. Please use your own discretion in determining whether this product is safe for your consumption. Read about our cleaning processes & procedures here.
Country of Origin - Tunisia
Ingredients - Organic Dried, Unsulphured, Ground Deglet Dates
Gluten-Free | Kosher | Non GMO | Organic
Write a Review and earn $1.00 worth of points. (Review must be approved by GFM staff before points are awarded)
Please check the Reward Point Program FAQ for more information.