Naturally gluten free and nutrient-rich, SHILOH FARMS Organic Quinoa Flakes have a delicately sweet, slightly nutty flavor. Excellent as a nourishing hot cereal, quinoa flakes can also be substituted for oats, breadcrumbs, and even flour, giving your favorite recipes a wholesome, healthy boost!
In addition to its versatility and great taste, this ancient grain also provides a rich and balanced source of vital nutrients. The highest in protein of all the grains, quinoa is low in sodium, contains 10 essential amino acids, and is an excellent source of calcium, iron, and fiber.
Nutritious, tasty, and easy-to-digest, quinoa flakes are a great option for children and those on restricted diets.
To Cook: Stir 2/3 cup of flakes into 2 cups of boiling water or milk and cook 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for about 3 minutes before serving. If you desire a thicker cereal, cook several minutes longer.
1. Add raisins, cranberries, or other dried fruits to the flakes as they are cooking. The fruits will plump and help to sweeten the cereal.
2. Sweeten with honey, maple syrup, or your favorite natural sweetener; finish with toasted nuts.
3. Try cooking in apple juice or another fruit juice for natural sweetness.
4. Substitute up to ½ cup flakes for flour in quick breads or muffins.
5. Replace up to ½ the flour in pancakes with flakes.
6. Give a protein boost to cookies, breads, or other baked goods.
7. Make a delicious crumble topping for pies and fruit crisps.
8. Use flakes instead of bread crumbs in casseroles or breadings for fish, chicken, or vegetables.
9. Use in vegetarian burgers, or add for substance to hamburgers or meat loaf.
10. Thicken soups, stews, sauces, & gravies.
Storage: Due to the relatively high oil and fat content of quinoa, flakes should be stored in a cool, dry place. To extend their shelf life, quinoa flakes are best stored in glass jars in the refrigerator.
34g or more of Whole Grain per serving
Certified Organic by Pennsylvania Certified Organic (www.paorganic.org)
Certified Kosher by KOF-K Kosher Supervision (www.www.kof-k.org)
Packaged as part of a naturally gluten free rotation in a facility that also handles wheat, soy, & tree nuts. The equipment and surrounding areas are carefully cleaned between rotations, as well as tested to 20 ppm before the naturally gluten free rotation begins. However, Shiloh Farms is not testing or certifying any product as gluten free. Please use your own discretion in determining whether this product is safe for your consumption. Read about our cleaning processes & procedures here.
Country of Origin - Bolivia
Ingredients - Organic Whole Grain Quinoa, rolled into flakes
Gluten-Free | Kosher | Non GMO | Organic
Write a Review and earn $1.00 worth of points. (Review must be approved by GFM staff before points are awarded)
Please check the Reward Point Program FAQ for more information.