Sunny Mountain of Rice
Exceptionally nutrient-dense, SHILOH FARMS Shelled Sunflower Seeds are sure to keep you full and energized! A classic healthy snacking option, shelled sunflower seeds would also be welcome in salads, casseroles, baked goods, and other dishes where they add a mild nuttiness and slight crunch.
Sunflower seeds are one of the best natural sources of the important antioxidant Vitamin E. They are also mineral-rich (boasting significant levels of copper, manganese, selenium, phosphorus, and magnesium) and a great source of B Vitamins, especially thiamin (Vitamin B1). A single handful provides 7g of protein, 12% DV of dietary fiber, and a good amount of essential fatty acids.
Sunflowers were one of the first plants to have been cultivated in the United States over 5,000 years ago! Valued as an important source of food and oil, several Native Americans tribes grew sunflowers alongside the more common crops of corn, beans, and squash. In addition to the seeds, the flowers, roots, and stems were used for a variety of other purposes, including as a dye pigment.
1. Enhance flavor by slightly toasting over low heat in a dry pan. Add salt and seasonings as desired.
2. Make sunflower butter by processing in a food processor until a thick paste forms. Sweeten with honey and season with a little salt.
3. Sprinkle over salads, yogurt, or cereal.
4. Grind sunflower seeds and add to breading or coatings for meat.
5. Mix into breads, granola bars, cookies, or other baked goods.
6. Add to vegetable casseroles, stuffing, or pilafs.
7. Combine with your favorite nuts and dried fruits for a yummy granola or trail mix.
8. Add to hamburgers, meatloaf, or even veggie burgers.
Storage: Due to their oil content, sunflower seeds are extremely perishable and care should be taken in their storage. To maximize shelf life, we recommend storing seeds in an airtight container in your refrigerator or freezer.
Certified Organic by Pennsylvania Certified Organic (www.paorganic.org)
Certified Kosher by KOF-K Kosher Supervision (www.www.kof-k.org)
Packaged as part of a naturally gluten free rotation in a facility that also handles wheat, sesame, soy, & tree nuts. The equipment and surrounding areas are carefully cleaned between rotations, as well as tested to 20 ppm before the naturally gluten free rotation begins. Tested to less then 20ppm. Please use your own discretion in determining whether this product is safe for your consumption. Read about our cleaning processes & procedures here.
California residents: Please click here for Proposition 65 statement.
Country of Origin - USA
Ingredients - Organic Raw Hulled Sunflower Seeds
Gluten-Free | Kosher | Non GMO | Organic |Raw
Write a Review and earn $1.00 worth of points. (Review must be approved by GFM staff before points are awarded)
Please check the Reward Point Program FAQ for more information.