Sweet and slightly tangy, SHILOH FARMS Turkish Apricots are great, chewy treat to be enjoyed right out of the bag! Their rich, apricot flavor will also make them a favorite for baking and cooking purposes. Unsulphered, unsweetened, and pitted*, these apricots are an excellent source of vital nutrients, including iron and Vitamin A.
More commonly found than California Apricots, Turkish varieties have a subtler flavor and less natural acidity. This makes them well-suited for baking and use in dishes where you want other flavors to have a starring role.
To Rehydrate: Simmer fruit in small amount of water or fruit juice approximately 15 minutes, or until tender. Alternately, soak in water or fruit juice in refrigerator for 8 hours or overnight.
1. Dried apricots are often stewed alone or with other dried fruits and served for breakfast.
2. Finely dice Turkish Apricots and add to cereals (hot or cold) or yogurt.
3. They make a great side dish when cooked along with roasted chicken or lamb.
4. Chop and mix with rice or bread stuffing for poultry.
5. Add to rice, bulgur pilaf, or couscous.
6. Reconstituted apricots can be pureed and spooned over cake or frozen yogurt.
7. Consider dicing and adding them to winter fruit salads, trail mixes, cereals, and baked goods.
Certified Organic by Pennsylvania Certified Organic (www.paorganic.org)
Certified Kosher by KOF-K Kosher Supervision (www.www.kof-k.org)
Packaged as part of a naturally gluten free rotation in a facility that also handles wheat, soy, & tree nuts. The equipment and surrounding areas are carefully cleaned between rotations, as well as tested to 20 ppm before the naturally gluten free rotation begins. However, Shiloh Farms is not testing or certifying any product as gluten free. Please use your own discretion in determining whether this product is safe for your consumption. Read about our cleaning processes & procedures here.
*Due to machine pitting process, some pit pieces may remain in fruit.
Country of Origin - Turkey
Ingredients - Unsulphured Organic Turkish Apricots
Gluten-Free | Kosher | Non GMO | Organic
Write a Review and earn $1.00 worth of points. (Review must be approved by GFM staff before points are awarded)
Please check the Reward Point Program FAQ for more information.