SHILOH FARMS Black Garbanzo Beans are truly unique with their beautiful coloring and creamy white inside. With a subtle flavor and delicate aroma, they add a punch of protein to any meal and are a wonderful canvas for bold spices and assertive flavors.
High in protein, fiber, and a variety of vitamins and minerals (including potassium, magnesium, zinc, and folate), garbanzo beans have been a staple of Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, and African cuisines for centuries, where they are the basis for foods like hummus and falafel. Today, these beans have become a popular and versatile source of plant-based protein for vegetarians.
To Cook: Sort* and rinse. Cover with water and soak overnight. Drain. Bring 2 cups of water and 1 cup of beans to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1-2 hours, or until tender. Drain and serve.
If not using immediately, cooked garbanzo beans can be refrigerated for up to three days or frozen in an airtight container for about one month.
1. Blend cooked garbanzo beans with oil, herbs, and spices in a food processor for homemade hummus; serve with pitas.
2. Toss a handful of cooked garbanzo beans into fresh green salads, pasta salads, or grain salads.
3. For a simple side dish, combine with fluffy grains such as quinoa, couscous, or millet.
4. Whole cooked garbanzo beans are an excellent addition to soups and stews.
5. Toss dried garbanzo beans with a little oil and spices, then roast in the oven for a delicious, crunchy snack.
6. Dried garbanzo beans can be ground into a flour and added to baked goods for a protein boost.
Certified Organic by Pennsylvania Certified Organic (www.paorganic.org)
Certified Kosher by KOF-K Kosher Supervision (www.www.kof-k.org)
Packaged as part of a naturally gluten free rotation in a facility that also handles wheat, sesame, soy, & tree nuts. The equipment and surrounding areas are carefully cleaned between rotations, as well as tested to 20 ppm before the naturally gluten free rotation begins. However, Shiloh Farms is not testing or certifying any product as gluten free. Please use your own discretion in determining whether this product is safe for your consumption. Read about our cleaning processes & procedures here.
*This product may contain agricultural debris; sort before cooking.
Country of Origin: USA
Ingredients: Organic Black Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas)
Gluten-Free | Kosher | Non GMO | Organic
Write a Review and earn $1.00 worth of points. (Review must be approved by GFM staff before points are awarded)
Please check the Reward Point Program FAQ for more information.