SHILOH FARMS Adzuki Beans are small, dark red beans with a distinctive white ridge along one side. They have a nutty, sweet flavor, making them a versatile addition to both sweet and savory dishes. A rich source of protein, fiber, and minerals, adzuki beans are particulary high in iron, magnesium, and folic acid.
Native to East Asia and the Himalayas, adzuki beans are thought to have been first cultivated over 6,000 years ago! They are still widely grown throughout the region, where they are a staple of local cuisines and frequently used in cakes, sweet buns, and desserts.
To Cook: Sort and rinse. Add 1 part beans to 2 parts water and soak overnight. Drain well, then cover beans with fresh water or stock (again at 1:2 ratio). Bring to a boil, reduce, and simmer for about 1 hour, or until soft.
1. Adzuki beans are usually cooked to a soft consistency, sweetened, and then turned into a paste that can be used as a filling for pastries and desserts.
2. Commonly cooked with rice, their bright red color tinting the rice an attractive pink.
3. Try combining them with amaranth, millet, or quinoa.
4. Grind into a flour to be added to breads, cookies, and other baked goods.
5. Tossed into green salads or add to marinated bean salads.
6. Use them in soups and stews.
7. Balance their natural sweetness with soy sauce, ginger, or miso.
Certified Organic by Pennsylvania Certified Organic (www.paorganic.org)
Certified Kosher by KOF-K Kosher Supervision (www.www.kof-k.org)
Packaged as part of a naturally gluten free rotation in a facility that also handles wheat, soy, & tree nuts. The equipment and surrounding areas are carefully cleaned between rotations, as well as tested to 20 ppm before the naturally gluten free rotation begins. However, Shiloh Farms is not testing or certifying any product as gluten free. Please use your own discretion in determining whether this product is safe for your consumption. Read about our cleaning processes & procedures here.
This product may contain agricultural debris; sort before cooking.
Country of Origin: China
Ingredients: Organic Adzuki Beans
Gluten-Free | Kosher | Non GMO | Organic
Write a Review and earn $1.00 worth of points. (Review must be approved by GFM staff before points are awarded)
Please check the Reward Point Program FAQ for more information.