SHILOH FARMS Unhulled Sesame Seeds have a sweet, nutty, almost buttery flavor that is further intensified by toasting. Originally cultivated in India over 4,000 years ago, sesame is one of the earliest oilseed crops and is a common element of cuisines around the world.
Unhulled vs. Hulled:
• Both unhulled and hulled sesame seeds are high in antioxidants, dietary fiber, and heart-healthy unsaturated fats.
• While both unhulled and hulled sesame seeds have roughly the same total fiber, unhulled seeds have more insoluble fiber.
• Unhulled seeds are significantly higher than hulled in calcium & iron.
• Both varieties are excellent sources of zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, and manganese.
• Significant sources of B Vitamins, unhulled seeds are higher in thiamine & B-6, while hulled seeds are higher in niacin & folate.
• Hulled sesame seeds are higher in Vitamin E
1. Add sesame seeds into the batter the next time you make homemade bread, muffins, or cookies.
2. Use in place of chopped nuts to make candies and brittles.
3. Make homemade tahini by combining toasted sesame seeds and oil in a food processor (about 1 C. seeds to ¼ C. oil).
4. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over salads, stir-fries, and steamed vegetables.
5. Add to burgers, meatballs, or meatloaf.
Storage: For optimal shelf life, sesame seeds should be stored in a cool, dry place, such as the refrigerator or freezer.
Certified Organic by Pennsylvania Certified Organic (www.paorganic.org)
Certified Kosher by KOF-K Kosher Supervision (www.www.kof-k.org)
Packaged as part of a naturally gluten free rotation in a facility that also handles wheat, soy, & tree nuts. The equipment and surrounding areas are carefully cleaned between rotations, as well as tested to 20 ppm before the naturally gluten free rotation begins. However, Shiloh Farms is not testing or certifying any product as gluten free. Please use your own discretion in determining whether this product is safe for your consumption. Click here for information on Shiloh Farms Cleaning Processes & Procedures.
Country of Origin - Mexico
Ingredients - Organic Unhulled Natural Sesame Seeds
Gluten-Free | Kosher | Non GMO | Organic | Raw
Write a Review and earn $1.00 worth of points. (Review must be approved by GFM staff before points are awarded)
Please check the Reward Point Program FAQ for more information.