With their nutty, buttery flavor and delicate, almost imperceptible crunch, SHILOH FARMS Black Sesame Seeds are a delicious and versatile ingredient for both sweet and savory dishes. An abundant source of vital nutrients (including manganese, copper, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, and Vitamin B1), these tiny seeds also provide healthy amounts of dietary fiber and monounsaturated fats.
Originally cultivated in India over 4,000 years ago, sesame is one of the earliest oilseed crops. Thousands of varietals exist in a host of different colors, including red, black, and white. Richer in flavor than lighter varieties, black sesame seeds are especially popular in Asian dishes.
1. Toast seeds to intensify their flavor.
2. Add sesame seeds into the batter the next time you make homemade bread, muffins, or cookies.
3. Use in place of chopped nuts to make candies and brittles.
4. Make homemade tahini by combining toasted sesame seeds and oil in a food processor (about 1 C. seeds to ¼ C. oil).
5. Sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over salads, stir-fries, and steamed vegetables.
6. Add to burgers, meatballs, or meatloaf.
7. Combine toasted seeds with rice vinegar, tamari, and crushed garlic for an Asian-inspired dressing for salads, vegetables, and noodles.
Storage: To maximize shelf life, we recommend storing sesame seeds in an airtight container in your refrigerator or freezer.
Certified Organic by Pennsylvania Certified Organic (www.paorganic.org)
Certified Kosher by KOF-K Kosher Supervision (www.www.kof-k.org)
Packaged as part of a naturally gluten free rotation in a facility that also handles wheat, soy, & tree nuts. The equipment and surrounding areas are carefully cleaned between rotations, as well as tested to 20 ppm before the naturally gluten free rotation begins. However, Shiloh Farms is not testing or certifying any product as gluten free. Please use your own discretion in determining whether this product is safe for your consumption. Read about our cleaning processes & procedures here.
Country of Origin - Mexico
Ingredients - Organic Black Sesame Seeds
Gluten-Free | Kosher | Non GMO | Organic |Raw
Write a Review and earn $1.00 worth of points. (Review must be approved by GFM staff before points are awarded)
Please check the Reward Point Program FAQ for more information.