Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount. Price will be updated in cart.
SHILOH FARMS Carob Powder has a rich brown color and a flavor similar to sweetened cocoa. Because it is naturally sweet, contains no caffeine or other psychoactive substances, and has almost no fat, carob is an ideal cocoa substitute and sugar replacer. It is also a good source of fiber, calcium, and other vitamins and minerals.
The product of a tropical evergreen native to the Mediterranean, carob pods have a sweet, edible pulp that is dried, roasted, and then ground into a powder. Carob has traditionally been used to soothe upset stomach.
1. Use carob powder anywhere you would cocoa: baked goods, smoothies, puddings, sauces, etc.
2. Start by substituting only half the cocoa in your recipe with carob until you get more used to working with it.
3. To ensure solubility, make a smooth paste of carob powder and warm water before adding to other ingredients.
4. Substitute about 1.5 to 2 parts by weight of carob for each part of cocoa.
5. When replacing baking chocolate, substitute 3 Tbsp. carob powder + 1 Tbsp. water or milk for each square of chocolate.
6. Because carob is naturally sweet, you may need to adjust the amount of other sweeteners in your recipe.
Certified Kosher by KOF-K Kosher Supervision (www.www.kof-k.org)
Packaged as part of a naturally gluten free rotation in a facility that also handles wheat, soy, & tree nuts. The equipment and surrounding areas are carefully cleaned between rotations, as well as tested to 20 ppm before the naturally gluten free rotation begins. Tested to less then 20ppm. Please use your own discretion in determining whether this product is safe for your consumption. Read about our cleaning processes & procedures here.
Country of Origin - USA
Ingredient - Dried, Roasted, Ground Carob Pulp
Gluten-Free | Kosher | Non GMO
Write a Review and earn $1.00 worth of points. (Review must be approved by GFM staff before points are awarded)
Please check the Reward Point Program FAQ for more information.