It's not hard to see what makes SHILOH FARMS Heirloom Multi-Color Popcorn so special. A breathtaking array of gold, amber, burgundy, and deep purple, this organic ancient grain has been batch-grown in small quantities to preserve its superior quality and flavor. Air-popped and naturally seasoned to your preference, this is the crunchy, satisfying, feel-good snack you've been looking for!
Unlike other grains, popcorn kernels have a hard moisture-sealed hull and a dense starchy filling. As they are heated, pressure builds inside the kernel until an explosive "pop" results and the starches gelatinize and puff. Popping results are sensitive to the rate at which the kernels are heated. If heated too quickly, hulls can rupture before the starches fully gelatinize, leading to partially popped kernels with hard centers. Heating too slowly can allow steam inside the kernel to leak out, leading to entirely unpopped kernels.
Native to North America, corn was first domesticated over 9,000 years ago. The practice of popping corn was originated by ancient Native American civilizations, with the earliest evidence of popcorn dating back to 3600 B.C.!
What are Heirloom Grains? Prized for their rich, distinctive flavors and unique nutritional benefits, heirloom grains are true grains that have not been genetically modified, but rather grown as nature intended. Known as a dietary staple for thousands of years, our ancestors once relied upon these ancient grain varieties to provide nourishment and sustenance. SHILOH FARMS brings these versatile, nutrient-rich, and hearty grains into the 21st Century - the perfect addition to a healthy, wholesome lifestyle.
• Air Popper: Follow manufacturer's instructions.
• Stovetop: Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a pan and add about ½ C. kernels. Cover and shake continually over medium heat while kernels are popping. When popping slows (about 2-3 seconds between pops), remove from heat and continue shaking covered pan until the popping stops.
• Microwave: Add ½ C. kernels and 1 tsp. oil to brown paper bag. Fold top of bag over 2-3 times to seal, then place in microwave and heat 2-3 minutes, or until popping begins to slow.
1. Keep it simple by seasoning popcorn with a little Himalayan Pink Salt or play with other flavors! Try dried basil and parmesan cheese for an Italian twist, chili powder and red pepper flakes for something spicy, or cinnamon and maple sugar for a little sweet.
2. Mix popped corn with mini pretzels, nuts, and dried fruit for a tasty snack mix.
28 grams of whole grain per serving.
Certified Organic by Pennsylvania Certified Organic (www.paorganic.org)
Certified Kosher by KOF-K Kosher Supervision (www.www.kof-k.org)
Packaged as part of a naturally gluten free rotation in a facility that also handles wheat, soy, & tree nuts. The equipment and surrounding areas are carefully cleaned between rotations, as well as tested to 20 ppm before the naturally gluten free rotation begins. However, Shiloh Farms is not testing or certifying any product as gluten free. Please use your own discretion in determining whether this product is safe for your consumption. Click here for information on Shiloh Farms Cleaning Processes & Procedures.
Please Note: When popped, the Multi-Color Popcorn is a white kernel, not colored.
Country of Origin - USA
Ingredients - Organic Heirloom Multi-Color Popcorn
Gluten-Free | Kosher | Non GMO | Organic
Write a Review and earn $1.00 worth of points. (Review must be approved by GFM staff before points are awarded)
Please check the Reward Point Program FAQ for more information.