Better Than Pasta is a source of fiber and a low calorie, low GI, and gluten, wheat, fat, sugar, and salt-free alternative. Our foods are made from organic Konnyaku flour, from the root of an ancient Japanese organic plant called Konjac. Suitable for Celiacs, Vegans and Vegetarians, Konnyaku has been consumed in Japan for many centuries. On its own it has a neutral taste but
when added to healthy ingredients, the pasta absorbs the flavor so that you can enjoy a healthy and delicious meal.
Recommendations: Better Than Pasta is packed in water. You may notice a faint aroma when opening a pack. This can be easily removed by rinsing the food under cold water.
How to prepare:
Step 1 - Drain water from pack and rinse pasta under cold water.
Step 2 - Add to your favorite sauce, salad or Boil for 5 mins, drain and add to favorite ingredients or dry fry in a non-stick pan for 5 mins and add to favorite ingredients.
Storage - Keep in a cool dry place. Don't freeze. Once open, keep in clear water for a maximum of two days.
Mushroom and Tuna Spaghetti Recipe
1 pack of Better Than Pasta Spaghetti
1 onion, chopped
90g mushrooms, sliced (mix a few varieties)
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp parsley, chopped
4 fresh plum tomatoes, halved
1. Prepared pasta as per package instructions
2. Melt butter in a pan over medium heat and stir in chopped onion and drained tuna until onion is brown.
3. Stir in mushrooms and tomato paste. Add salt and pepper, cream and parsley. Add plum tomatoes. Cook until mushrooms are soft.
4. Add to the tuna and mushroom sauce. Turn using tongs to heat the pasta.
5. Serve and garnish with parsley.
Shelf Life: 24 months
Ingredients - purified water, organic Konnyaku flour, organic oat flour (Juroat), calcium hydroxide (food grade limewater)
Product of China
Gluten-Free | Kosher | Non GMO | Organic | Soy Free | Sugar Free | Vegan